Today's been a weird one. I went to university, but missed a lecture and a workshop because I overslept for the former and hadn't done the work for the latter. I went in, planning to do for the entire day, but I hadn't realised that my 1 o'clock class had been cancelled, so I had far too much free time. I had a meeting with my lovely peer mentor with two of my fellow mentees, with whom I am good friends, so that was really nice.
I was supposed to pack today, because tomorrow I'm going home from university, but I was in a weird mood in my virtually empty flat. 3 of my 5 flat mates have already gone home, and the other two was out, so I decided to watch Skins instead. I've only just started watching it this week (7 years behind, I know, shut up), but when C came back we watched the film Downfall with B as I had promised yesterday. Although many of you have never seen this film, many of you will recognise the Hitler meme scene from it (yes it's all in German [original title Der Untergang]). It's a brilliant movie, definitely watch it, and, as students, we naturally decided to turn it into a drinking game. That's why today's post is technically early morning Friday, and I may be slightly drunk at this point.
Today's lyric is a line from Kids by MGMT, but the version I was listening to was the Gabrielle Aplin's (AKA my secret crush) amazing cover. Although it doesn't really reflect today's mood, it also counts as my "what I learned today" thing, and this is fairly embarrassing. Every time I've heard this song since it was released in <after a quick Google search> 2008!!! Really!!! This song is 6 years old!! fuck my life. Anyway, I've always head this line as the obviously much more likely "making incest soft plans". No joke. Not only does that make no sense, I have managed to convince myself for this long that it's just another random line from this song. This is very embarrassing. I wish to hide in a corner. But as there have been no other notable lyrics today, this will have to come out to the world. And I thought my mum was bad with lyrics
Anyway, I've got to go to bed now, I've got to pack before I go to uni tomorrow, so an early morning for Jack -__-
<insert witty end line here>
Jack
Song: Kids
Artist: MGMT Gabrielle Aplin
Album: Oracular Spectacular YouTube
I've called my friends B and C because they're too drunk to ask if they want to be in the blog. I tried, and they suggested being C-Man and BS, which somehow doesn't work <rolls eyes> light weights. This may be corrected tomorrow, when I ask them properly
No comments:
Post a Comment